Google

May 17, 2008

8051 or PIC microcontroller which is better

This is the conversation between different guys so here it goes

8051 or PIC Suggest Me

I want to go into microcontroller development. And I will take course for the same. Can some one suggest me for which microcontroller should I go, 8051 or PIC. According to my knowledge 8051 is used by most company and its development tools are also available. And 8051 is easy to learn and program as compared to PIC. So what is your suggestion.


Answers :

Nilesh

I think 8051 is the basic micro-controller for the study of other micro-controllers. And PIC is somewhat advanced. I found that PIC micro-controllers are most widely used in industrial automation and controls as it is simple and it has ADC inbuilt, it has sufficient memory, its development tools are easily available on net. I think PIC is one of the roboust micro-controller. Also its cost is less than other micro-controllers. So I prefer PIC micro-controllers.


sandeep

hey currently industry uses 32 bit micro controllers like ARM. 8051 or PIC is just beginning. Their is lot more to learn after this

kapil

I think PIC is a very good option for you than the 8051.Because thats a very older versions micros,All will soon be replaced by PIC s i think.. So its beginning for PIC better opt for it.

Kamal

8051 consists of a CISC processor.. so programming this microcontroller is difficult.. further it is not in use in large scale..
PICS are RISC and consists of only 35(16Fseries). simple to understand and easy to implement.
try PIC16F84A.. it is excellent for learning the basics

sandeep

I think selection of micro controller depending on the application.

PIC has many inbuilt modules like ADC,SPI,USART,I2C ,ICSPonly 35 instruction to learn
sum PIC are costly .But 8051 have advantage ,easy to learn in first step it is more stable than PIC.Many companies make 8051 based core micro-.It has many inernal modules like in PIC.Some Companies are ATMEL,PHILIPS,DALLAS,ST,FREESCALE,TI,SIL

1 comment:

savita said...

I THINK 8051 IS ONE OF THE BEST MICRO CONTROLLER. B'COSE IT HAS MANY ADVANTAGE LIKE EASY TO UNDERSTAND,Sufficient MEMORY & INSTRUCTIONS, SERIAL PORT,LOW COST.AND MANY INDUSTRIES ARE BIENG USED THIS TYPE OF MICROCONTROLLER.SO, I SUggest use 8051 microcontroller.
---aakash.